Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Korea's Love Affair With Giraffes

*The following post is dedicated to Jan Garcia

For some strange reason, I have discovered that the people of Korea seem to adore giraffes.  It's not like they have many around.  Giraffes are certainly not indigenous to this country or even to this continent, yet you will see them in every city and village, plastered onto shirts, backpacks, and hats, painted on buildings and vehicles, and in other more bizarre and unlikely places.  Here are just a few of my recent giraffe sightings...enjoy!

Because that's what Giraffes do

I came so close to buying this...

Yes.  This is what you think it is. 

Interesting concept.

Awwww

Comes in natural and unnatural colors.


A student of mine, with her friend

1 comment:

  1. I love them all, especially the picture frames! You have made my evening :)

    ReplyDelete